LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
About this Role: We're looking for passionate engineers to empower product developers to build and optimize running services in the cloud (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud). We need senior individual contributors that have strong experience around observability, deployments, and automation. The right candidate will also have a history of automating operations for distributed systems, databases, and/or networks on bare metal and a proven track record moving those to the cloud.
In this role you will:
Team Technology & Programming Stack:
- Java (Spring boot) , NodeJS, Python, Vue.JS
- Google Cloud Platform - Kubernetes, docker, AWS - S3, NoSql - DynamoDB
- Big data technologies - Kafka, Hadoop, Impala and ElasticSearch
- AI - Google Dialog flow/ Amazon Lex
Your qualifications are:
- 4 years combined experience in software development in Java, NodeJS or Python
- You have strong software development skills and can work cross-functionally with senior SDEs as peers.
- You have 4+ years of experience running services in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud; experience preferred migrating from running bare metal to public cloud.
- Expert level knowledge of CI/CD tooling, monitoring, feature flag management, experimentation, and a proven track record delivering solutions in one or more of these areas.
- Previous experience in an operational / DevOps role - advantage
- You have experience mentoring and driving adoptions of these technologies across engineering organizations while leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
Track and reduce toil (manual, repetitive work) through automation
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson was named to Fast Company's World's most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you'll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.