Software Development Architect Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Come join the Payments One team as we modernize and simplify payments for our clients. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced and innovative environment. Our global team leverages modern technologies and processes to solve significant challenges for our clients and provide clients new avenues to their data. We empower people to take ownership and make a difference.
What you will be doing:
You will work closely with our SAFe Solution Train and Product Team to guide the delivery of software systems spanning applications and services through the entire product life cycle. The effort to modernize and simplify our customer experience across multiple systems requires collaboration between many teams and systems. To be successful, you must embrace learning our organization and complex systems so that you can steer the teams to provide positive outcomes for our clients.
- Recruit, coach and mentor senior and junior software engineers
- Supervise a group of developers
- Suggests new technologies, architectures, and approaches to solving problems
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for product development.
- Guide teams on delivery of Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services.
- Set quality standards, build mechanisms and processes for team efficiency, continuously inventing and simplifying
- Participate in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization
What you bring:
- Eight or more years of experience in software development
- Three or more years supervisory experience
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Four or more years of experience with static code analysis tools (e.g., Veracode, SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Four or more years of experience with Git Source Code Management
- Two or more years of experience with agile scrum development
Added bonus if you have:
- Agile SAFe experience
- CI/CD experience
- TDD/BDD experience
- Container experience
- Elasticsearch & Logstash experience
- Understanding of microservices architecture
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Opportunity to lead experienced and knowledgeable software developers with a proven track record of delivering high quality software.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.