Software Developer at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
Develops, modifies, enhances and implements software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a strong knowledge of development tools. Works in most phases of a project and may review work of less experienced staff members. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions as well as developing and troubleshooting of web, windows and cloud based applications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
Writes programs according to specifications
Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
Develops and maintains technical documentation
Serves as secondary escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements
Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database
management, data administration and data extraction techniques
Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback
Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
Mentors and coaches less experienced staff
Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational difficulty, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions
Follows established configuration/change control processes
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Hands-on proven experience in developing web, mobile and cloud application using Java microservices, UI frameworks such as Angular, SQL server/Oracle and AWS cloud.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, Kinesis,SQS, SNS, Load balancers, Cloud watch, cloud trails, Containers, Docker swarms , CI/CD, and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Understanding of software design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL Queries, stored procedures, DB indexing, Data migration and Data cleansing etc.
- Strong Database troubleshooting experience on SQL/Oracle database /RDBMS, NOSQL
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools including Splunk, Kibana
- Knowledge on test automation using PostMan, SOAPUI would be an advantage.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Strong technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Good understanding of SDLC and experience in Agile Sprints and JIRA.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience in Terraform, PowerShell, Python, Docker, Ansible preferred
- Strong understanding of core Java concepts, Spring Framework, Spring Batch
- Strong knowledge/experience supporting applications in a Unix/Linux environment
- Scripting knowledge (Groovy, Python)
- Knowledge of XML, XSL, XSLT, XSD, JAXB
- Knowledge REST and SOAP service development and usage os SOAPUI, PostMan
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
3 to 5 years experience with DBMS
3 to 5 years experience with coding, testing and design
3 to 5 years experience with software development methodologies
ISW370 287881 287881BR