The Software Developer Manager is accountable for communicating, planning and providing leadership to their assigned team. Software Developer Managers provide direction to project and functional resources within and outside their reporting structure, gather, support and develop the resources needed to execute the plan, champion the tactical direction of work and remove barriers within their sphere of influence. The Software Developer Manager leads cross function initiatives, projects and discussions and is relied upon to anticipate and mitigate cross functional issues. The Software Developer Manager is accountable for providing thorough subject area expertise in assigned area. The Software Developer Manager is accountable for performance management and salary administration for their team as well as assisting with career development planning, coaching, training and teambuilding.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide hands-on leadership for a growing IT software development team, coaching team members to help them develop their skills and careers.
- Proactively identifies, implements and manages process improvements and agile solutions within functional area.
- Provides thorough subject matter expertise within assigned area and makes recommendations senior leadership to contribute to IT strategy.
- Influences, interacts and makes decisions impacting across assigned disciplines, capabilities, services, technologies, domains or systems.
- Collaborates decisions with senior IT leadership.
- Ensures adherence to practices, procedures, precedents, policy and senior leadership direction (10%)
- Provides recommendations, promotes, and implements code standardization.
- Act as a strong advocate and change agent for the Agile/Scrum process.
- This a hybrid position with the opportunity to work remote and 2 to 3 days in office
- 5+ years related work experience
- 3+ years direct supervisory/management experience
- Bachelor's degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT-related field
- Highly refined communication skills including ability to negotiate, build consensus, clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate difficult messages in a professional and productive manner, excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent IT as a leader in cross-functional discussions/initiatives
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SDLC
- Ability to build trust and strategic partnerships with assigned business area contacts, project teams and leadership to facilitate two-way communication
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences
- Deep, thorough understanding of business processes being supported
Successful experience leading people
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Passionate advocate of Agile best practices and tools.
- Healthcare industry experience • Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Experience mentoring and coaching other leaders
- Experience working in Angular, C#, and 3rd part
- Experience using Dart programming languages
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
More Information on GuideWell
GuideWell operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Jacksonville, FL. GuideWell was founded in 2014. It has 200 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as 401(K), Remote Work Program. To see all 50 open jobs at GuideWell, click here.
Read Full Job Description