Software Developer II at Ruby Receptionists (Dallas, TX)
We're looking for an experienced Software Developer II to help us develop and support both our customer facing technology, and our proprietary applications we use internally to deliver our stellar service. As a developer, you will help shape the future of our software as we iterate and improve our existing applications with an API-first approach. You will use your software engineering knowledge to help us advance multiple company initiatives and create fantastic user experiences.
The Software Developer II will work within one of our Scrum teams and report to the team’s Engineering Manager. This position can be remote with the option of working out of our offices in Portland, OR or Kansas City, MO metro area, or fully remote (state-dependent).
- Angular, Angular Material, Sass, React
- MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL Server
- Swift, Kotlin, Java
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Developing new full stack features and functions in C# and Typescript for web applications as well as working within Kotlin, Swift and Java for Mobile.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing C# and Angular applications.
- Sharing and documenting system and domain knowledge with other members of our team.
- Embodying the Agile mindset and supporting the Scrum framework to help the scrum team complete their sprints and increase and maintain a predictable velocity.
- Working collaboratively with other team members, including Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers within our Scrum process to develop efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
Key Success Indicators
- You are proud of the work you do and want to work for a company that shares your values.
- You are collaborative and have a reputation for doing what you say you’ll
- Others would point to you as someone they’d love to work with, and your innovative solutions inspire us all to do great work.
- You can extract big-picture ideas into workable processes and functional design.
- You jump at the opportunity to pitch in and feed the greater good; no job is too big or small when you can lend a helping hand.
- The ideal candidate should be skilled at multitasking, time management, and prioritization in the face of rapidly evolving technologies and changing requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Software Development.
- Experience with C#/.NET background; .NET Core a plus.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks/libraries, such as Angular and React.
- Relational database background (MS-SQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred).
- Experience consuming RESTful services and working in a Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Familiarity with Git or another distributed version control system.
- Experience with Docker/containerization, unit testing, TDD.
- A growth mindset, with the desire to constantly learn - and share - new knowledge.
- Angular, Angular Material, Sass
- MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL Server
- Mobile development experience with iOS and Android devices
- Kotlin, Swift, Java
- Database experience with both SQL and noSQL databases
- DevOps and/or SRE mindset and experience
Candidates near Portland, OR, or Kansas City, MO, have the option to work from one of our beautiful open-concept offices. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time or hybrid. If an in-office environment isn’t for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person or virtually, by phone and computer.
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.