Software Developer, Emerging Technologies at Cesium (Philadelphia, PA)
Cesium is looking for a community-facing Software Developer to help engage and grow Cesium’s large and vibrant community and contribute to their success. Cesium’s community has been a core component of Cesium’s success over the past decade - building incredible apps on the platform and making open source contributions. You will be a key member of the Emerging Technologies team driving this forward, which in turn drives Cesium’s vision and growth. This is a growth opportunity to contribute to scaling the Emerging Technologies team and Cesium community as a whole.
What you will do:
- Drive community engagement and success by collaborating directly with the community via the Cesium Community Forum, GitHub, and in-person and virtual events, including responding to customer issues and feedback
- Contribute at the intersection of community, engineering, and business by creating tutorials and educational content, forward-looking demos, and presentations to inspire the future of 3D geospatial
- Support business development in understanding developer needs, roadmaps, and requests
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, constantly prioritize and re-prioritize, wear multiple hats, and juggle multiple high-profile projects with competing deadlines.
- A continuous learner who loves to explore emerging technologies, introduce innovations, and learn and improve their skill set.
- A clear communicator who can explain problems and solutions in both technical and simple terms.Willingness to travel from time to time for hackathons, code sprints, conferences, and other customer events.
- Ability to work independently and iteratively improve based on feedback.
Ways to stand out:
- Participation in hackathons, code sprints, short-term goal-oriented projects or programs.
- Experience in leading a team of developers or managing projects is a plus.
- Interest in geospatial, 3D graphics, or games is a bonus.
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Tuition and Loan Reimbursement program
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, including a winter break
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office with roof deck and just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This role can start remote due to covid. This role is based out of our headquarters in Philadelphia PA.