Software Developer (C# remote) at Match Group (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:38 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 17, 2022
As a Software Engineer, you’ll take Match’s backend tier to the next level.
We're building a modern and cloud-native distributed tech stack with an emphasis on Observability, Scalability, Reliability and Performance.
If you are looking to build .NET applications, RESTful APIs, using the latest .net framework and a SOLID code base, design, implement and maintain relational database systems, that will be used by millions of Match members to make meaningful connections, then this role is for you.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will develop, and test .NET apps (business logic, back-end) using C#, SQL
- You will develop, and test RESTful APIs that can handle thousands of requests per second
- You will work with architects on API solutions, design databases and tables, write effective T-SQL stored procedures that enable our multiple APIs access to the underlying data
- You will build new microservices using Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Kafka, Sql Server and the latest .NET framework
- Along the way you’ll confront scalability challenges, navigate distributed systems, and apply best practices
- 2+ years of real-world development experience
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Experience in writing testable code and unit and API testing public and/or private APIs (RESTful web services)
- Proficient in C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Mindset that keeps automation at the forefront of your daily activities
- Eagerness to learn and improve skill sets
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Nice to haves, but not required:
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with AWS and cloud native development
- Experience with asynchronous messaging frameworks like Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with background job processing, queue management and stateful services
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small but multi-faceted and collaborative team where everyone adds value
- We deliver value and meet tight deadlines by focusing on automation and maintain quality code by actively paying down tech debt
- We enjoy a good work-life balance and are fun to be around
- We like exploring new technology, tools and practices and firmly believe in continuous learning and improvements
- We work collaboratively with all our major functions (Product, Online Marketing, Analytics)
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 74 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description