The story begins with only 10 developers in the R&D department, working on a single codebase. Today, we are a team of more than 70 engineers divided into 18 product squads. Each squad includes developers, product managers and designers.
Our technical teams are paramount to 360learning’s response to our increasingly demanding customers and are strategic contributors to the growth of the company.
Our Software Architects are “hands-on” problem solvers who coach our engineers on code organization, technical debt solving and big features implementation. They are accountable for leading tech roadmaps (performance, scalability, security…), experimenting with new technologies, making PoCs and making sure our architecture remains a reference in the SaaS industry. This is a unique opportunity to:
Work with complex and cross-cutting challenges: Building expertise around a complex codebase on which analysis and modeling capabilities are key. Significant traffic (2.5M registered users, 200K unique monthly visitors) with a considerable volume of data to manage. A strong focus on “clean architecture” for long-term growth. The opportunity to stay "hands-on" by regularly refactoring our code, helping squads with their complex projects...
Work in a scale-up that's always looking to improve: Align R&D on strategic subjects: architecture, stack, organization, roadmap, objectives. Help level up the teams by sharing best practices, organizing workshops and writing documentation. All in a context of strong international expansion of the product.
Work within a highly-skilled team: Our R&D brings together some 60 engineers recognized for their ability to analyze and model complex codebases. Our decentralized peer-review process allows everyone to benefit from the expertise of others and to grow.
Within 1 month, you will
- Discover 360Learning, its platform, its teams and its culture
- Become familiar with our R&D way of working
- Understand the team's processes
Within 3 months, you will
- Master our stack (NodeJS, VueJS, MongoDB) and our architecture
- Carry out your first (of many) complex project (e.g. implement a cache system to optimize the display of our dashboards)
- Set up several good development practices in the team (e.g. import practices and dependencies between our modules)
Within 6 to 12 months, you will
- Be strategic in the architectural choices for all our important projects (e.g. design of our messaging queue)
- Lead the evolution of our architecture and our technologies (e.g. to better segment our core-objects and the corresponding modules)
- Evangelize and train our R&D team on these developments by defining all best practices
- Onboard new team architects
The Skills Set
- You have a well-rounded experience in software architecture, ideally within a product-led growth company
- "Hands-on", you are used to working on complex codebases with an emphasis on software quality
- You are able to work on transversal technical subjects impacting all or part of an R&D team that you will have to evangelize
- You know how to mentor and develop teams' skills on best practices, development, software design, new stacks...
- You are proficient in algorithms
- You have working proficiency in English (level B2 or equivalent)
- Enthusiasm about the idea of working in our Convexity environment: https://bit.ly/Convexity_360L
What we offer
- Compensation: Competitive package (including a variable component and equity). Receiving an offer from 360Learning will be the last time you have to negotiate your salary: https://360learning.com/blog/360learner-journey-compensation/
- Benefits: Work From Home perks, RTT, lunch vouchers, medical insurance, gym subscription, 1-month parental leave for the second parent.
- Balance: Flexible hours, full remote work possible anywhere in France.
- International team: Offices in London, New York and Paris.
- Culture: A framework that will make you successful. You can find more about what it's like to join 360Learning from onboarding to ramp-up, and beyond here: https://360learning.com/blog/360learner-journey/
- Call with one of our Tech Recruiters
- Discovery Meeting with a peer Software Architect
- Clarification Meeting with another Software Architect
- Clarification Meeting with a Product Manager
- Culture-fit interview with Fabrice, our Engineering Director
Not sure if this role is an exact fit for you? We’ll sort it out together, don’t worry. Apply now!
Who We Are
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS, enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $240 million, with 300+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO: https://360learning.com/blog/top-down-management/.
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!