Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Engineering Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
The person in this critical role will influence architectural decisions focused on increasing RingCentral’s leadership footprint in the UCaaS domain. S/he should have a demonstrable track record of working with engineering teams across multiple geographies, defining and delivering industry leading products, and with proven cross-functional collaboration on product architecture, feature definition, and implementation.
- Define the Webinar Architecture and provide technical leadership and guidance to the teams working on apps and services for Webinars.
- Be a hands-on architect helping to implement a scalable distributed backend software that serves core business logic, authentication, and database design for webinars.
- Design and help implement secure APIs to enable other products to integrate these developed technologies in the team
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and be an integral part in our culture of innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years experience in developing highly scalable, low latency, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Domain experience in Video Conferencing or Webinars is highly desired.
- Hands on experience with public cloud Multi-Region/Multi-AZ deployments, testing and budgeting.
- Hands-on experience with cloud managed services, such as: Streaming Media Workflows, CDNs, Object Storage, Message Queues, Key Management System, IAM, Serverless.
- Good understanding of Cloud based Microservice orchestration and service mesh like Kubernetes and Istio.
- Implementation experience with highly scalable and distributed Backend Architecture: WebSocket. Asynchronous Messaging: Kafka, Pubsub, SNS/SQS, RESt API, API Gateways, etc
- Technical expertise in one of the following technology stacks: Java and Spring-Framework, Scala or Node.JS is required.
- Well-versed in relational and NoSQL databases, data lakes and ETL workflows, and real-time dashboards with Kibana/Grafana.
- Experience with CI/CD and GitOps tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, or Travis.
- Solid understanding of microservices security and authentication, mTLS , OAuth v2, OpenID Connect and Json Web Tokens (JWT).
- Experience with streaming media including HLS and CDN is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and driven with the ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for creating best in class products.
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Engineering team works on high-complexity projects that set the standard for performance and reliability at massive scale. What kind of scale? Millions of users today and hundreds of millions tomorrow. This is your chance to help imagine, develop and deliver products that raise the technological bar, and power human connections. If you’re a talented, ambitious, creative thinker, RingCentral is the perfect environment to join a world class team and bring your ideas to life.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.