SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER at Caterpillar
The Plant Systems team is looking for a Software Application Development Engineer who will work closely within a global and a cross-functional team, and with several Engineering organizations to design, develop, qualify, and maintain new software applications in a team-based environment utilizing the Agile development process. This is a fast paced environment with an opportunity to work with new technology as we collaborate to build a full stack display/visualization application and cyber security features to support our energy solution products.
Expected contributions include but are not limited to, feature development, work demonstration, implementation, testing, deployment and addressing field issues all while collaborating across a wider organization.
Minimum Qualifications :
- MS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming Experience
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in C++/C#
- Secure Web Development (Back-end and Front-End)
- Solid programming background
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, network programming, secure programming, and microservices
- Working knowledge of turbomachinery control systems and hydro-mechanical systems
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to write and communicate ideas and issues clearly
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, and flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines
Minimum Education Level: Master’s Degree (PhD preferred)
Minimum Years of Experience: Less than 1
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .