Site Reliability Engineering Manager at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
Your New Role...
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager executes the vision and overseas the staff responsible for ensuring that the critical systems exceed the performance and reliability of Warner Brothers Discovery Sports Technology production systems. The SRE Manager serves as a champion of service reliability and availability, automation, capacity management and monitoring. The SRE Manager will leverage quantitative, and operations engineering techniques to measure success and will function as the catalyst for promoting change and process improvements across the various sports platforms. The SRE Manager is also responsible for production security monitoring and remediation. Collaboration is key as you will work directly with the WBD DevOps team to partner and prioritize initiatives while focusing your attention on production systems.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Scale up and mature a team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Build strategy and roadmap to drive reliability across the WBD Sports Ecosystem
- Collaborate with stakeholders across infrastructure, engineering, and security on initiatives to drive on production stability and reliably in a secure manner
- Drive end to end resolution of production incidents including root cause analysis (RCA) with followed up remediation and prevention plans.
- Partner with engineering and product to establish SLOs/SLAs for sports production systems which can be measured and tuned as appropriate.
- Drive ongoing application service reliability by developing and enabling metric visibility using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and system/component level SLAs/SLOs
- Direct partnership with the DevOps team to leverage, establish and execute on best practices
- Direct partnership with the WBD security team to monitor, isolate and remediate security issues and vectors.
- Build and execute vision to implement tools for monitoring proper/efficient deployments
- Drive on automation and maintain our AWS infrastructure via Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Partner with Application Development teams to build resilience into net-new and existing systems.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to streamline and automate development, build, and deployment of our services
- Triage production issues in collaboration with engineering teams
- Participate in on-call rotations, project planning, code review, and technical design
- Identify and effectively communicate opportunities for improvement both within the team and external teams
- Design and evangelize SRE best practices for continuous improvements
- Evangelize needed change
Qualifications & Experience
- Can-do attitude and willingness to engage!
- Agile SDLC
- Solid Linux & networking fundamentals
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- AWS Security and remediation background
- Strong cloud/AWS background
- Strong knowledge of Docker
- IAC experience preferred. Specifically Terraform or CloudFormation (Chef or Ansible also helpful)
- CI/CD knowledge with hands-on implementation experience a plus
- Git/GitHub administration
- 5+ years' experience of relevant professional experience in highly available, public facing production environments.
- 5+ experience with two or more of the following: web application development, Linux administration, networking, cloud security, systems architecture, test automation, and/or database administration
- 3+ years building and maintaining software systems with AWS
- 3+ years previous management experience leading a team
- Experience troubleshooting and developing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience leading highly dynamic on-call teams, coaching, mentoring, and promoting cross team collaboration
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree in related field or relevant experience
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $142,800.00 - $265,200.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].