As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Kraken is looking for an experienced engineering manager to build and lead the Staking operations team. This is an opportunity to grow a team of world-class engineers who are deeply passionate about cryptocurrency, security, and amazing user experiences. We’re a diverse group of engineers dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence. The Kraken experience needs to be ambitious, simple, and user-centered; come and help us make that happen!
About the Role
To be successful in this role, you will need to be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Staking infrastructure's observability. The job requires both work as an individual contributor and management of the operations team. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the multiple departments to understand business needs and translate that into a technical roadmap that will deliver operational support to a rapidly growing department.
- Enable a high level of visibility into the state of services and infrastructure
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
- Write good quality policies, procedures, and technical documentation;
- Be an active participant in the various blockchain communities
- Nurture security awareness in the organization, produce material to support this, and relate this to the current threat landscape;
- Be familiar with risks introduced to the organization by third parties and processes to mitigate these;
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security;
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of current challenges and different methods to monitor nodes and applications' health
- Manage a small team
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level;
- Scripting Experience: Python or Go (Preferred)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with Sumo Logic, Splunk, PagerDuty, or Datadog is a plus
- Optional: Experience with HashiCorp product lines, Jenkins, Helmfile
Location Tagging: #LI-Remote, #canada, #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 160 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description