Site Reliability Engineer at Ancestry (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:08 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 3, 2022
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
You will be part of the team which owns Site reliability for product verticals in collaboration with engineering. REMOTE IS OKAY IN SELECT LOCATIONS.
What you will do…
• Own site reliability for a product vertical in collaboration with engineering
• Define and Ensure SLO / SLI and Error budgets remain in compliance with standards
• Develop improved monitoring, auto scaling and resiliency patterns and capabilities.
• Debug complex issues across multiple services in AWS, to include outfacing infrastructure
• Collaborate and Develop cloud automation and new best practices in support of vertical and organization
• Train , mentoring and support in AWS, Infrastructure and Cloud best practices
• Member of Site Reliability Engineering team which reports up to Site Reliability and Performance Organization
Who you are…
• 2 + years Software development experience
• 1 + years cloud automation experience using Go, Python, Bash
• 2 + years debugging Nodejs, Java, and a variety of DB technologies
• 1 + years AWS Cloud, including services, CLI, SDK’s, and AWS Console
• 1 + years using Cloud APM and logging tools, such as NewRelic, Prometheus, AWS monitoring
• 1 + years experience auto scaling, resilience, fault tolerance, AWS Infrastructure, cloud networking, and in containers management
• 1 + years experience analyzing production within a cloud environment
• 1 years of Terraform or Cloud Formation experience for infrastructure management with CI/CD Pipeline
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT, Englewood, CO and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1725 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 62 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description