Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO.
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work as part of all core engineering teams to help cope with the operational load of a fast growing team. At NEAR Protocol, we must deliver availability, performance, efficiency, monitoring and emergency response, all while enabling decentralization of the NEAR Protocol's Open Web infrastructure. We are looking for a person to join our distributed on-call rotational team and help us create a self-sustaining blockchain infrastructure.
This is a high-productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is opportunity to inject your creativity in almost any aspect of blockchain development.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Together with the engineering team you will share the 24/7 on-call rotation (including weekends compensated with day-offs during the week).
- Help build self-driving services which run and repair themself
- Help define SLOs and mission critical metrics
- Drive our incident management response processes
- Build an emergency response playbook with monitoring and alerting
- Work with our core blockchain, middleware, and apps teams to deliver secure and high availability services
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team, work in the open as part of the NEAR Protocol open source project, and engage with NEAR Protocol's global community
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to be effective on a distributed team.
- Passion for open source.
- Preferable Python coding skills.
- Preferable understanding of UNIX internals.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, no problem is impossible to solve.
- Experience with cloud provisioning tooling like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Docker.
- Experience with monitoring infrastructure like Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog.
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as Travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins.
- Experience in keeping services up 24/7.
- Expertise in large-scale distributed systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Experience with multiple cloud providers AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies.
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Locations: Remote (North and South America, Europe)
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.