Zipline builds and operates fleets of delivery drones to get medicine to those who need it, fast, regardless of where they live. To power this, we’re building highly efficient distribution centers with powerful software that empowers our Flight Operators. We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help bring reliability, observability, and scalability to our infrastructure. Our ideal candidate works well in startup environments, is comfortable wearing many hats, and can work in a small team to produce big results.What You’ll Do
- Contribute to and support our Kubernetes infrastructure in AWS using EKS
- Design and implement critical infrastructure in AWS, as well as on-premise hardware
- Develop automation and tooling to support our infrastructure
- Contribute improvements to our CD/CI pipeline in GitHub
- Help enhance our monitoring and service metric logging using Prometheus
- Collaborative, flexible attitude, and shared passion for our mission
- Experience building and supporting scalable, highly available, and secure Infrastructure (AWS and on premise)
- Experience with Python or other similar languages
- Experience with Docker (Kubernetes a plus)
- Thorough understanding of Linux troubleshooting and experience with root cause analysis
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment
- Deep understanding of Linux operating system
- Experience with the concept of "infrastructure as code" in mission critical production applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc..)
- Terraform and CloudFormation experience
- Advanced knowledge of system security practices
This is a unique opportunity to shape and take ownership of procedures, processes and technologies used to drive Zipline forward.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!