At Built In, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and of our communities is a top priority. Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have decided to manage our entire business remotely until further notice. HQ-based employees will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. As we continue to grow, we are excited to be hiring for all open roles and look forward to meeting with qualified candidates in a virtual setting. For anyone who joins our team (yay!), your onboarding experience will also be conducted virtually. Thank you for your interest in Built In and be safe!
We are currently approved to hire this position in the following states AK, CA, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NY, TX, WA, VA.Hello, We're Built In!
A venture-backed industry leader in tech recruitment, Built In serves more than 1,800 innovative tech companies, with 2.5 million sought-after tech professionals visiting the site monthly. The platform leverages the power of content to help tech companies elevate their reputations as national, local or remote employers of choice, as well as leaders in DEI. With $30 million in funding to date, Built In raised $22 million in a 2019 Series C round led by Updata Partners with participation from existing investors including MATH Venture Partners, which led Built In’s previous two funding rounds. Built In’s most recent accolades include its inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ list and the 2020 Inc. 5000 list.
Built In is a tech leader with a unique position in the market, expanding its product and technology footprint, and building the leading B2B SaaS product nationally for employer branding and talent activation. Its B2C marketsite comprises professionals who aren't just active job seekers but are learning about the tech industry or seeking professional development with high quality content. Built In helps customers get in front of this audience and launch their journey from reader to candidate to new hire.
The product and technology team is leading this innovation for the fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. We value talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best product and engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards a global brand).
We are expanding our Site Reliability Engineering Team (multiple roles)
We are a dynamic team of engineers building products for a fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. We are looking for talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common technology and company goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards globally).
The vision of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is to enable every product and technology team to start, iterate on, and own the projects they create end-to-end. To achieve this vision, the SRE team focuses on the following streams of work:
- Empowerment: Build and maintain a technology infrastructure that minimizes operational friction and allows every team to start, iterate on, and own projects, end-to-end.
- Efficient Operations: Monitor and optimize the costs (monetary, temporal, etc) of all the systems supporting the product teams.
- Consistency and Security: Establish standards and follow conventions to reliably scale and secure the organization.
How you’ll contribute
- Be responsible for ongoing reliability and robustness of Built In infrastructure in production, staging and development.
- Implement, configure, and operate tools and products in the DevOps and DevSecOps Toolchain.
- Maintain services by monitoring availability, capacity, and throughput.
- Leverage monitoring and data to improve production operations.
- Learn and study all failures to add to roadmap of future reliability & support new services before they go live through system design consulting and launch reviews
- Work within our multi-technology stack including Go, Vue, TypeScript, Python and Docker to build services and applications; Drupal-based platform with content, and Salesforce.
- Adapt to new technologies and processes, and work in an agile environment. Your inputs are expected in implementing improvements to our development processes.
- Collaborate with Engineers, QA, and Product teams providing technical expertise and leveraging SRE best practices. We are organized around B2B, B2C, Data & Business Intelligence, Platform and Growth Pods with shared services of SRE and QA.
- Embrace and commit to culturalizing vision and plans for DevOps principles through practice and knowledge sharing and building self-service infrastructure and tools by writing code, aka Infrastructure as Code.
What you need
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required.
- Experience working in a Site or Service Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps or Operations roles.
- Familiarity with API design, DevOps concepts, AWS and cloud technologies, and Docker.
- Experience with container based deployments and orchestration tools, as well as Cloud Platforms and related tooling: AWS, Terraform, configuration management.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- You want to be a part of a team that succeeds as a unit, and you want mentorship from other engineers as much as you want to mentor those engineers yourself.
- Position is on rotation for 24x7 support for some systems. As such, the SRE is required to occasionally work off-hours for maintenance or to resolve technical issues.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM