Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 9000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
About the Infrastructure engineering team
- As site reliability engineers, we're continually improving monitoring and alerting using Stackdriver, Datadog, and Sentry. When we have proper monitoring set it place, we can make clear decisions about how to make sure that our infrastructure runs smoothly for our customers on Google Cloud Platform. We also treat the infrastructure as code and are provisioning it using Terraform and Helm. We also work a lot with Postgres, RabbitMQ, PubSub, and Kubernetes.
Who are we at work?
- We manage multiple k8s clusters all around the world with hundreds of nodes and many Tb of database storage, that is why we have a strong preference for people who managed high-traffic web applications for the past 3+ years.
- Also, because our apps have over 5000 daily active users with sessions longer than 6h/day we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review all our code - yes, that includes infrastructure code. Sometimes however we gotta go lower level and work directly with VMs, firewalls, Load Balancers and have an excellent understanding of Linux and the docker runtime.
- If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
Who you are
- 4-8 years of work experience
- Programming experience, preferably in Python (a good 3rd of your time will be spent reading python code to investigate performance problems and bottlenecks but you won't be writing the code)
- You've built an infrastructure from scratch at some point in your career
- Extensive experience working with modern SRE stack (Kubernetes, Terraform, Datadog, Cloud environment)You are looking to be an individual contributor, managing or leading a group of engineers isn't your favorite thing
- You like to bounce off fresh ideas with other engineers and SRE's on how to better automate things
- You have startup/small size company experience
- How you became an SRE is a story worth telling, and we'd love to hear it
Nice to Have
Company Perks & Benefits
- 💰Competitive salary & equity (90th percentile of the market worldwide): The salary range will vary from €58k to €95k. The range depends on the cost of living (example: Bucharest, Romania vs. Paris, France) and your experience (from L2 "Software Engineer II" to L4 "Senior Software Engineer"). 📣Stay tuned for our upcoming Public Salary Calculator to help you generate offers before entering our process.
- 🏖 5 weeks of vacation
- 🍼Paid parental leave
- 💻Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- 🩺Complimentary private health insurance (we use Alan)
- 🚊50% of public transportation reimbursed (Vélib, Navigo, etc.)
- 🍴Personal credit card to buy lunches during the week (we use Swile)
- 💆Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- 📚Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- 😍 Every quarter we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we're going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we'll transform these summits into offsites!)
- Meet Justin, our Tech Recruiter, for an introductory call in which you get to know more about Gorgias and the position and we get to learn more about you.
- Meet your manager, Jordan.
- Coding challenge using the platform HackerRank for which we have a 2 weeks deadline.
- Meet your manager again and two of the team members: Chris and Vincent.
- Meet Alex, CTO and co-founder at Gorgias. This is a good time to ask difficult questions and see if we are a good match for you!
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without sacrificing quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias... 😁
• Raised our Series A for $14M in November 2019: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
• Raised our Series B for $25M in December 2020: https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/10/gorgias-series-b/
• We went from 0 to 8000 merchants using our platform every day from 2016 to 2021
• We have a 4.5 rating on Glassdoor
• What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
• Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
• Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Discover Gorgias Platform here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLFpe-xbhk
Learn about our compensation policy here: https://www.gorgias.com/blog/international-saas-salary-calculator
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Gorgias
Gorgias operates in the eCommerce industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Gorgias was founded in 2015. It has 186 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Group brainstorming sessions, Hiring Practices that Promote Diversity, Dental Benefits and Vision Benefits. To see all 38 open jobs at Gorgias, click here.
Read Full Job Description