Site Reliability Engineer at Edward Jones (St. Louis, MO)
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operational problems. Much of your support and software development focuses on optimizing new and existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems in the DOX Trading Portfolio for both Discretionary and non-Discretionary product teams.
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure).
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, and facilitate blameless post-mortems.
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Missouri, St. Louis
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Flexible Work Option(s) (Select all that apply)
Awards and Accolades
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked \"highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms\" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Search Headquarters Positions by Area of Interest
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline.
- Proficient in Java, Kubernetes, SQL (DB2, Oracle), no SQL (Mongo), data streaming (Kafka), and DevOps principles.
- Perform in-depth research and identify cause of production issues, perform workaround for mitigation.
- Design and code software solutions that help automate manual processes
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps.
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment.
- Understand and contribute to the software delivery lifecycle.
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change management processes including all documentation, reviews, and approval steps using standard tool sets for automated testing and deployment
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components such as orchestration tools, containerization, cloud services, compute and storage systems
- Capable of managing service-level changes to a system or service
- Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, and DynaTrace
- Experience with cloud hosted applications is a plus.
Colorado Salary Information
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visitourcareersite to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: