Site Reliability Engineer at CallRail (Remote)
CallRail is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our existing, and growing, Operations team. The SRE will work closely with delivery teams to define SLOS and set up monitoring and alerting for new and existing services.
The Platform Operations team brings a software engineering perspective to delivering quality operations at scale and driving automation in every aspect of the job. We believe that Engineering teams should be able to deploy whatever, and whenever, with confidence.What You'll Do
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Shared responsibility. We collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers, as equals, to provide optimal production services to our customers.
- Be prepared. Proactively identify and prevent incidents through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises.
- Be a culture champion. As a DevOps evangelist, you’ll guide our application teams towards solid technical decisions, share knowledge and expertise, help colleagues improve their designs, and ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
We require you to be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Designing effective monitoring/alerting and log aggregation solutions using tools including AWS CloudWatch and APM (DataDog, New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing SLO/SLAs
- Experienced in patch management, CVE remediation, and security incident management
- Provisioning and configuration of AWS services using AWS CLI / API and Terraform
- Familiarity with Config Management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Familiarity with software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses
- Developing and maintaining the software in security and regulatory compliance environments (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.)
- Building scripts and tools using ruby, go, bash, etc.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain
- Reviewing the code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase
Technologies and tools we use:
- Ansible, Terraform, SemaphoreCI
- AWS EC2, S3, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Python, Go, Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker
- DataDog (APM, Monitoring), AWS CloudWatch, and PagerDuty
- Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Elasticsearch
If you do not meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that aligns with your skills and experience.
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
CallRail is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where CallRail is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).