Site Reliability Engineer at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Here is our team hierarchy for individual contributors:
Site Reliability Engineer (II)
Site Reliability Engineer (I)
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you’ll build out and maintain Circle’s infrastructure estate to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple regions on public cloud providers.. You’ll use your experience, knowledge and skills to ensure Circle’s products and core systems are running in a consistent, reliable and performant manner. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Circle teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
What you'll work on:
- Support multiple development teams with a agile, responsive CI/CD platform to deliver high-quality builds with measurable performance and quality
- Build, maintain, improve, scale and secure cloud infrastructure and resources using IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Automate operational tasks via Go, Python and serverless solutions (AWS Lambda, Kubernetes Jobs)
- Design, manage and monitor Kubernetes clusters for multiple production workloads
- Driving forward our blockchain infrastructure by creating and managing blockchain nodes across a wide variety of blockchains that includes Algorand, Ethereum, Hedera, Flow, Solana, Stellar, Tron
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any production systems and conduct root cause analysis
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security focused tools and frameworks and exert a top-class security posture
- Engaging and mentoring team members and helping grow and scale the team
What you’ll bring to Circle (not all required):
- 1-3 years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Proficiency with coding and/or scripting with the following languages (Python, Shell, Go)
- You have at least 3 years of combined experience in building and maintaining CI/CD platforms and supporting agile engineering teams building microservices
- Experience with
- building Docker images and deploy containers in Kubernetes clusters
- any modern CI/CD platform with seemingly complex gates and workflows
- Blue-Green, Canary and A/B Testing deployment strategies
- distributed blockchain systems, running and maintaining blockchain full nodes
- database technologies (PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- migrating and transforming large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures and formats
- data warehousing services (AWS Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake
- Knowledge of networking routing, DNS, load balancing and edge networking
- Knowledge of APM, RUM, monitoring and telemetry tools
- Helm charts and deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- writing infrastructure as code with Terraform or CloudFormation and using IaC to deploy resources in AWS, Azure, GCP or any other public cloud providers
- Strong skills around observability, troubleshooting and performance solutioning
- Ability and eagerness to deep dive into understanding, debugging and improving any layer of the tech stack
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to peers and stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote