ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
ClickUp is looking for a driven and innovative SRE engineer to help us make ClickUp the “one app to rule them all”. As an Infrastructure Engineer at ClickUp, your primary role will be managing the stability of our globally distributed and cloud-based infrastructure that powers our app for thousands of users daily. You will also work closely with the other engineering teams in order to deploy, manage and maintain a highly secure and fault-tolerant environment. It is critical that our infrastructure can support an inevitable and drastic increase in load to ensure high standards of uptime for all our users around the globe, as well as develop repeatable, scalable, and predictable methods to release our latest features at an unmatched rate.
Collaboration and teamwork are vital to how ClickUp operates. A significant portion of your responsibilities will include creating tools to improve processes across the different engineering teams. You will also be in charge of detecting inefficiencies introduced in different parts of the app and propose solutions on how to improve them. A highly developed set of communication skills is also important for successfully fulfilling these responsibilities and many others.We’re scaling quickly, so we’re recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sh*t done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture.
Possibility of remote work from all over Poland
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Work with the engineering teams on product design, decisions, and troubleshooting.
- Increase general stability, observability, and metrics surrounding both uptime and stability.
- Champion our monitoring infrastructure.
- Implement and improve our general site reliability posture (error and downtime budgets, MTTD and MTTR improvements, improving alerting and notifications, minimizing customer impact from incidents, etc.)
- Respond to and troubleshoot downtime events while actively developing safeguards to prevent them.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team and contribute ideas to our technology and algorithms.
- 6 + years of knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (Elastic Beanstalk, CDK, EC2, ECS, VPC, Redis, RDS, ALB etc.).
- 6 + years of experience in managing production-critical infrastructures and DevOps environments.
- 6 + years of experience in implementing SRE best practices and procedures.
- Experience with IaC (CDK, Terraform), CI/CD (GitHub Actions, TravisCI, CircleCI),
- Familiar with Containerisation (Docker),
- Knowledgeable in network, firewall, and security best practices.
- Experience with self-healing automation and monitoring tools (DataDog, CloudWatch, Grafana)
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- A strong self-starter, operationally-focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with application security testing is a plus (not mandatory)
- Familiarity or experience with Node.js is a plus (not mandatory).
- Familiar with configuration management tooling (eg: Ansible) is a plus.
- Experience with management of Linux-based EC2 instances.
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.