Site Reliability Engineer, Managed Service at SingleStore (Remote)
SingleStore is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help optimize and scale our managed service offering across all three major cloud providers. In this role, you will be at the intersection of leading technology trends - A highly performant distributed database, managed by Kubernetes, running in the cloud. This is a great opportunity to push the boundaries with a cloud focused SRE role.
This is a development role, requiring an engineering mindset to solve operational challenges. You will be part of a globally distributed team of engineers, helping to drive SRE practices across the company. Through infrastructure automation, you will help us grow our service across multiple cloud platforms. This requires a relentless focus on eliminating manual processes. You will also leverage our monitoring platform to improve overall customer experience by systematically identifying and fixing any issues impacting our customers. As an SRE you will also help diagnose issues on the platform, leveraging a deep understanding of the SingleStore query engine along with the backend infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop automation platform to manage infrastructure rollouts across cloud providers
- Optimize telemetry platform to identify customer impacting events while providing relevant data to drive debugging
- Partner with engineering team to optimize performance of services for cloud architecture
- Debug Live Site events and conduct follow up post mortem and RCA analysis
- Participate in a SLA-driven on-call rotation, which will include after-hours, weekend, and rotating holiday participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Infrastructure automation experience. Python and GoLang a plus.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Strong cross group collaboration and communication skills
- Familiar with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex, production software
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.