This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Join the Cloud Tools team and work together with smart colleagues from Germany and Asia! We provide, protect and progress software and services required for operating the commercetools platform in the various clouds, preferably using technologies such as Kubernetes, Serverless platforms or PaaS — with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, capacity, and performance. Our customers are internal developers and other teams using our services.
Our top five supported groups of services in a nutshell
- Logs - Indexing log events, querying/search log events
- Metrics - Collecting metrics, querying metrics, alert handling
- Security - Authentication (SSO), automated SSL and key handling
- CI/CD - Build pipeline for services and software provided by our team
- SLOs - Infrastructure for providing SLO metrics and SLO reports
We have regular stand-ups, pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions. Our team culture is defined by transparency, support, openness to all ideas and voices and continuous learning.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Design and implement resilient and scalable infrastructure and services used by our development teams at commercetools
- Minimize incident impacts by being informed upfront with monitoring, logs and metrics and having an eye on IT standards and security
- Take part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a System Engineer or as a Software Engineer in an international team
- Strong Linux skills and excellent skills in one major programming language (Golang, Python, Java/Scala would be great - mainly because we use the first two most of the time, and the other two are fine since our backend is JVM based)
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) or Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience with automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with log management systems and monitoring systems (Prometheus/Thanos)
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new things
- MongoDB and ElasticSearch operational experience
- Advanced JVM knowledge
- Experience with managing cloud provider infrastructure using Terraform
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
📋 We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.