Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
We are actively looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join the Platform team and help scaling our infrastructure. Our small team's mission is to deliver a stable and secure infrastructure our engineers, products and customers can rely on. Over the last year, we have rolled out Terraform, Kubernetes and ArgoCD to 100% of our infrastructure as well as redefined the way we manage our AWS organization.
As a member of the platform team dedicated to infrastructure, your role will be to manage this infrastructure and continue to make it easier for our team to monitor and scale it, be it by adopting 3rd party tools or design your own. Example projects include optimizing our cluster cost efficiency, roll out per-pod security groups, improve monitoring and alerting, adopt a service mesh...
- Keep our infrastructure up!
- Improve infrastructure automation.
- Define infrastructure roadmap.
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams.
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python).
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling.
Nice to have
- Experience with ArgoCD.
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers.
- Experience with service mesh.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description