Site Reliability Engineer I at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer I
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
How you’ll help
The SRE organization at Jellyvision provides services, frameworks, tooling, and pipelines to enable the Engineering organization to develop and deploy production applications quickly and safely. We achieve this by actively promoting and contributing to our evolving application architecture, teaching and implementing engineering best practices, and creating self-service tools for our developers to keep unnecessary obstacles out of their way on the way to production.
As a Site Reliability Engineer I, you will work with both our SRE team and directly with a product delivery team to ensure all deliverables are on time, secure, redundant, and up to team standards. If you are looking for an opportunity to gain new experience, work with great people, play with some great technology, and become an even better engineer, then this job’s for you.
What you’ll do
- Support and ensure reliability of supported tools up to operational standards
- Develop and revise core pipeline modules
- Handle access requests and incidents with supported tools and platforms
- Assist SRE and Software Engineers with tools and solicit feedback
- Communicate persistently as changes happen to all applications to make sure all teams know what is going on and can support their tools
- Handle long-term tool replacements and major architecture revisions
- This role may have access to regulated data and will require secure development lifecycle (SDLC) training.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Cloud computing platforms, especially AWS. We’re not exclusive, but we use a lot of the tools in the AWS toolbox, making the most use of EC2, ECS, Fargate, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, S3, and RDS. Our technology roadmap includes becoming more cloud agnostic, so if you know GCP or Azure that may come in handy, too!
- Applications that scale. We make as much use of containers and horizontal scaling as we can, which means having to manage a dynamically changing system. Familiarity with monitoring, log aggregation tools, dashboards, and lots and lots of metrics is very useful – as is the ability to identify root causes and fix problems across distributed systems.
- Common DevOps tools. If Hashicorp makes it, we probably use it. In general, we try to do everything as code, and make use of things that support that mindset. Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform is important.
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Complexity
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!