commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest-ever-valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
Our team is focused on optimizing, scaling and securing the multi-cloud infrastructure resources supporting the core commercetools services, across all of our global environments. We leverage IaC (Terraform), GitOps (primarily GitHub Actions), and secret management services (Vault + GSM) to securely automate the deployment and maintenance of cloud resources. If you join us, you’ll work closely with other SRE teams, as well as product teams across the organization, to continuously improve and expand our cloud environments.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Manage the global cloud environments supporting automate cloud infrastructure deployments and maintenance
- Developing tools and methods to scale that automation, accounting for drift and evaluating for security best practices
- Implement monitoring to ensure security standards across cloud environments
- Collaborate in designing, analyzing, and optimizing global cloud infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work closely with development teams on projects as the expert on reliability, performance, and security
- Participate in pair programming and provide consistent code reviews
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of industry standard security practices (CIS, Vault)
- Experience running production workloads in a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- Experience using IaC tooling (Terraform)
- Comfortable writing automation tooling in Python and/or Golang
- Analytical mindset and practiced in root cause analysis
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English
- Experience working in an international and distributed team
- Experience with Kubernetes and familiar with the ecosystem
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Natural collaboration skills and a focus on continuous improvement
Nice to have:
- Operational experience with Hashicorp Vault at scale
- MongoDB and ElasticSearch operational experience
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
📋 We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated staff
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
For US-based roles
🩺 Well-Being: 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for staff and dependents
🌴 Work-Life Balance: Generous time off for personal time, vacation, parental leave, holidays, well-being, bereavement and volunteering
💰 Prepare For Your Future: 401k with company match
👐 Get Involved: Opportunities to join our Happiness Committee, Engage the Change DEI organization, Culture Committee, fitness challenges, artistic channels, and more!
💪 Our differences make us stronger
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to fair hiring practices regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
💲 Our target compensation for this role is $ - $ OTE total compensation, but we are flexible based on experience and skill level.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.