Weave is the all-in-one customer communication and engagement platform for small business. The first Utah company to join Y Combinator, Weave has set the bar for Utah startup achievement & work culture. In the past year, Weave has been included in the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies in America, and Glassdoor Best Places to Work.
At the core of Weave's growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for accomplished people who demonstrate our core values: Stay Hungry, Care More, Think Creatively, Do the Right Thing, and the Customer is Everything. Don't believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 20,000+ customers love Weave visit our website or head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
What You Will Love About Us
- Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance plans
- HSA that includes company contributions
- Flexible PTO and work schedules
- 401k with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Mental health benefits for the whole family
- Maternity & paternity leave + new baby bonuses
- Brand new building with an onsite gym + salon
- Anniversary gifts
- Company holiday and summer events
All of our engineering squads here at Weave are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest and the team you will be joining follows this principle all the way through. You will be required to help architect new solutions and maintain existing ones while providing insight on ways to improve as we go while maintaining the vision and priorities of the team and the company. Our phone system is an integral part of our product and therefore changes and upgrades have a great impact on the company and product.
This position is fully remote
What You Will Own/ The Day-to-day
- Handle level 3 troubleshooting escalations and triaging.
- Analyze telephony traffic patterns and identify issues and anomalies.
- React to critical alerts in order to rapidly return to a full-service state.
- Troubleshoot and resolve voice and network protocol communication issues.
- Interface with partner organizations for interconnections and expansions.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain monitoring, alerting, QA and logging tools for Telephony applications.
- Coordinate system maintenance and deployment events.
- Build and maintain Nationwide VoIP network
- Nationwide optimal routing
What You Will Need to Accomplish the Job (minimum requirements)
- Previous experience working as a VoIP network engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP systems and IP Protocols.
- Detailed knowledge of network security systems and software.
- Familiarity with WAN and LAN systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of IP telephony (VoIP), TCP/IP Networks and related protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience with Open Source VoIP applications such as Kamailio, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH, RTPEngine, Asterisk and open source tools such as Wireshark, sngrep and Homer. (should have a combination of 2-3)
What Will Make Us Love You
- Knowledge of cloud services
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
- 5+ years of experience designing and supporting large scale VoIP networks in the cloud.
- 5+ years of experience using open source products to maintain large scale VoIP networks.
Weave is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome anyone who is hungry to learn, problem-solve and progress regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.