Shield Engineer, Cloud Security at Atlassian (Peninsula)
Do you enjoy helping smart people overcome their technical issues? Get on board as a Shield in our CloudSec team. As a Shield in our team, you'll be supporting Atlassian developers that use our team's authentication and authorization services to secure their microservices hosted on Atlassian's PaaS. You'll respond to questions that require a wide breadth of knowledge across many systems and tech stacks and ensure our users' perspective is represented within our team. You will play a key role in ensuring we provide an excellent support experience by reporting bugs, keeping documentation up-to-date, and improving the troubleshooting processes.
You'll also be helping to respond to incidents, analyzing trends in user queries to help reduce support load on the team, running projects to reduce this load, and automating away repetitive work. You'll work closely with other CloudSec engineers to support and operate a set of high throughput low latency systems built on top of open source technologies that are on the verge of becoming the new industry norm. You'll also be a part of our on-call roster to ensure the availability of our mission-critical services.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work from first principles when diagnosing nuanced problems
- Experience providing support to a technical and opinionated user base
- Experience automating manual or repetitive tasks using scripts or apps
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Golang, C++, Python, Java
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You will need to understand and explain complex technical concepts to audiences with varying degrees of background.
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Experience operating microservices at scale
- An understanding of application performance and experience with low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Experience building and securing microservices
- Experience contributing to open source communities
- Experience building, automating, and maintaining authentication services like Kerberos, LDAP, etc.,
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .