ServiceNow ITOM Technical Lead (Minneapolis, MN)
| Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Job DescriptionIn this role, you will provide leadership to ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery Team in the areas of design, development, documentation, testing, and modification of existing and new ITOM & CMDB capabilities, discovery patterns and sensors, championing standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.Participate in architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation, and buy versus build decisions.About Our CompanyThe Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and leadership to a team of ITOM developers, analysts and operations engineers to ensure timely execution of team and project results.
- Develop and configure Discovery Patterns, Schedules, application fields, from design, business rules, client scripts, user roles and groups, access controls, and more on the various system applications.
- Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the
- bring together of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solution.
- Work closely with various partners to provide guidance in the management of CI's and the relationships between them.
- Participate in Configuration Management meetings, provide updates on progress and governance of CMDB and Discovery process to Senior Technology Leaders.
- Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool.
- Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as co-owner of the CMDB.
- Develop and maintain an organization of quality people through effective hiring, coaching, and performance management processes.
- Champion and ensure alignment to development strategy, standards, policies, tools, and procedures during all phases of the development life cycle.
- Partner with the technology teams to gather requirements and fully understand project goals, and then use this information to effectively plan and lead the development process.
- Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides.
- Ensure all code is effectively unit tested prior to being released to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production. Approve code to be put into production.
- Resolve corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support, as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- 7+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and operation of enterprise-level complexity computing systems.
- 7-10 years of development experience on ServiceNow platform with expertise on ITOM.
- 3+ years of practical experience and shown success with the design and build of CMDB and ServiceNow Service Mapping.
More Information on Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC
Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Minneapolis, MN. Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC was founded in 1894. It has 16649 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 58 open jobs at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC, click here.
Read Full Job Description