Service Now Engineer at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Administers the current ServiceNow environment at Western & Southern Financial Group (W&SFG) as well as engineers and implements new applications on the ServiceNow platform. Develops solutions across the ServiceNow platform that leverage the automation and integration capabilities of ServiceNow. Works with the ServiceNow project team, other IT application teams, vendors and business partners to support, maintain and enhance the ServiceNow platform. Provides leadership and direction to support business objectives of W&SFG through the cost-effective use of tools, technology and appropriate business practices. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, while updating management on a regular basis
- Leads the administration, configuration and development of core and custom ServiceNow environment.
- Works and mentors ServiceNow team members to design, develop and implement ServiceNow solutions for applications such as IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Business Management (ITBM) and Security Operations (SECOPS).
- Develops and implements workflow customization, scripting, process automation, report development, dashboard creation and system configuration.
- Provides guidance on technical aspects of ServiceNow integration requirements, ensuring relevant technology standards, policies and best practices are applied consistently.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements emerging ServiceNow solutions required to support future state needs of the ServiceNow platform.
- Reviews, monitors and manages the ServiceNow platform and takes proactive steps to identify areas of improvement and optimizes where needed.
- Develops recommendations for ServiceNow standards, including development, administration and integration.
- Works with the ServiceNow technical team to schedule and implement ServiceNow patches, security alerts and upgrades to keep current with ServiceNow platform.
- Mentors and coaches the ServiceNow administration team on ServiceNow development, configuration and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated advanced development experience in one or more areas of ServiceNow, including but not limited to IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Business Management (ITBM) and Security Operations (SECOPS).
- Proven experience in one or more scripting languages, including but not limited to, ServiceNow Scripting, Java Script and Python.
- Proven experience in ServiceNow integration with various third party technologies API's.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ServiceNow Discovery, MID Server and CMDB implementations is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of ITIL process and framework and ability to identify project risks and gaps, developing creative and workable solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and knowledge of agile development and testing best practices.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey information to stakeholders in a clear, accurate, focused and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to document procedures and activities in a manner that is understandable to others and prepared using a prescribed format. Demonstrated ability to effectively use the English language in verbal and written format, including elements of grammar, punctuation, diction and spelling proficiency.
- Proven ability to successfully and frequently interpret and communicate business needs among internal customers and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner (includes discussions, correspondence, reports and forms).
- Proven experience coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously, and completing tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with good organizational skills. Ability to continuously define problems, collect or interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems, where decision-making and initiative are demonstrated.
- Cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment (business and information technology).
- Works in an office setting and remains in an occasionally stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment or while in meetings.
- Continually performs an activity such as transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Visual acuity is required to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned. Ability to make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Experience in ServiceNow development, configuration, integration and administration in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- ServiceNow System Administrator and Certified Application Developer is required.
- Extended hours during peak workloads or special projects.