Serdes Mixed Signal Design Engineer at INNOPHASE
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing ultralow-power wireless semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. We are developing complete wireless solutions with significantly differentiated power dissipation/performance tradeoffs. Our innovative technology also dramatically improves wireless product flexibility and ease-of-use for product developers. We are looking for driven candidates to join our fast-paced and motivated team.
Mixed Signal Design Engineer: The Design Engineer position has perhaps the more comprehensive breath of involvement in the company. Mixed signal design can cover many areas. Data converters (ADC, DAC, TDC), digitally controlled analog/RF circuits (calibration, compensation, control loops, etc.) are a few examples. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys driving the critical path and making a significant impact in launching products into the market and winning!
This is a full-time position based in San Diego. In addition to benefits and perks below, Innophase offers relocation assistance!
- Product Design: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package/PCB Analysis and associated design documentation
- Design Verification: Detailed performance and functional measurements and debug
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
- BSEE minimum, MSEE or PhD desired
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Strong fundamentals in mixed signal IC design, especially with modern CMOS technology
- Good understanding of CMOS device operation and construction
- Familiarity with RF, analog and digital integrated circuits, especially in mixed signal circuits and systems. Expertise in data converters, ring oscillators, PLLs, charge pumps, control loops, stability/BW, etc.
- Good understanding and experience with IC layout and verification
- Analytical and disciplined problem solver
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product needs on time
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Hands on experience making precise analog, digital measurements using typical laboratory instruments and techniques
- Experience in using various development tools (Cadence, ADS, EMX, MS Office, etc.)
- Experience with using scripting for automation of data analysis, lab automation or simulation control.
- Ability to design, layout and debug board level test fixturing and application solutions