Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Integration (Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta is seeking a Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Integration to help develop and scale our application integration ecosystem. Your role will be to help implement, administer, and optimize the integrations between our business systems and assist with business process designs, system implementations, change management, training and compliance.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the enterprise engineering landscape.
You will get an opportunity to scale our business solutions to the next generation; enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain integration processes between applications across cloud and on-premises systems using the Boomi platform.
- Define and implement best practices for integrations with standard enterprise systems like Salesforce, NetSuite and Workday
- Participate in proof-of-concept development, demos, and post-deployment support of cross-team integration efforts.
- Translate business process requirements into a detailed technical specification to meet business goals.
- Responsible for architectural documentation and reviewing the development of solutions specified in technical design.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
- Work within a team to establish best practices in services development and integration of applications.
- Interface with both internal and external technical experts to implement solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in software development and software delivery.
- 5+ years of experience working with web applications, RESTful APIs and knowledge of latest standards.
- 3+ years of experience working with the Boomi Platform or equivalent experience (TIBCO, Talend, MuleSoft, Oracle ESB, webMethods)
- Experience with integrating security into architectural designs and implementations (OAuth, SAML, OpenID Connect, SSL/TLS).
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, SQL and NoSQL database systems, and networking.
- Proficient in modern DevOps methodologies and CI/CD tooling (GitHub, Jenkins) preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.