Senior/Staff Software Engineer (IdX) at Okta
Staff Software Engineer (IdX)
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical software engineer to join the Identity Experience team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Identity Engine and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important and providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience with Object-Oriented Languages like Java and C#
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience in TDD
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.