Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
At Odeko, Fullstack Software Engineers are responsible for a broad range of technologies that deliver value to our users. They work across multiple levels of our tech stack and are constantly innovating and improving how small businesses and their supply chains work. Software Engineers at Odeko are passionate, curious, technically competent, energized by building and attuned to stakeholders’ needs.
This is a position within our Platforms & Core Services group at Odeko. We are responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of world class user experiences by building and maintaining the common core services and frameworks used by other teams at Odeko. To accomplish this mission, we build and maintain services and frameworks that encapsulate common functionality (component libraries and design systems) and patterns of interaction (authentication, authorization and identity) to streamline product development, and simplify and standardize access and use of 3rd party services.How Staff Fullstack Engineers make an impact:
- Navigate several layers of our tech stack and know how to continuously improve our daily work.
- Build solutions that provide the best customer experience for our end users and solutions that make the life of other developers easier.
- Build, optimize and scale products and services for cafe owners, vendors and coffee drinkers.
- Innovate, hypothesize, and explore new ideas. Iterate fast while maintaining a data-driven approach to our learning process.
- You intimately understand the architecture and work layout of our tech stack and surrounding areas, sufficient to collaborate with other leaders on work that may span across teams.
- You lead ongoing development efforts that include problems of very high complexity & scope (spanning a year or so), obtaining support from peers and more senior stakeholders when needed to ensure successful outcomes.
- You plan and execute your own work assignments and plan work assignments of other team members.
- You design and ensure the roll out of sound technical solutions for individual system components and for how they interact with the broader parts of the system.
- You significantly impact quality, accuracy, timeliness and volume of work through your own exceptional work as well as creative and assertive influence over others.
- You independently handle pretty complex issues with self-starting initiative and without assistance, collaborating cross-functionally when needed.
- 8+ years of production-level experience building several digital products in multiple industries.
- Proven experience working in several digital product teams in a multitude of industries and use-cases.
- Knowledge of several development practices and processes and an ability to employ them in the right circumstances.
- Ability to influence and mentor others. Leading by influence and example.
- Independence to own and solve complex issues and features involving several stakeholders.
In addition, the Platforms & Core Services is a polyglot and multidisciplinary group. We are often spearheading technologies and approaches that the rest of the Engineering organization will possibly follow later. We are also responsible for establishing standards, good practices, libraries, frameworks, and tools that make our product teams more productive. Experience in creating and maintaining open source projects, several languages, or complex cross-cutting architectural issues is very welcome. An empathic approach to helping other developers succeed is very important.
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.