Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko family is diverse, passionate, and innovative. With 200+ employees across 9 different departments and 7 groups, we bring people from all over the world together to develop technology and work towards a shared mission. We believe that small businesses need our support now more than ever, and that the coffee industry is where connections happen… This is a position within our delivery experience team. We are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of orders at Odeko. To accomplish this, we build and maintain products to aid our warehouse operation teams and delivery drivers. Our tech stack is predominantly made up of Ruby services communicating via Kafka, a native iOS app built using The Composable Architecture and a React frontend embracing GraphQL Federation. Interested? Learn more below.
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Fullstack Engineer to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for a broad range of technologies that deliver value to our users. They work across multiple levels of our tech stack and are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries of what it means to interact with our products. Engineers at Odeko are passionate, curious, technically competent, energized by building and attuned to stakeholders’ needs.
Our Tech Stack
At Odeko we rely heavily on the following tools and technologies.
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- GraphQL Federation to enable API composition
- React for our frontend web applications
- Kubernetes and Docker to run our applications
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Concourse/ArgoCD for our CI/CD
- Terraform to enable infrastructure as code
- Confidently deliver proof of concept projects to help inform optioneering exercises and planning. You recognize the subtle boundary defining when enough has been done.
- Influence and mentor others. Lead by influence and example.
- Significantly impact quality, accuracy, timeliness and volume of work through your own exceptional work as well as creative and assertive influence over others.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Evaluate, diagnose and make data-informed decisions with performance and optimization
- 8+ years software engineering experience, ideally in a microservices landscape.
- Ability to technically lead across the full development lifecycle and make decisions on technologies, architecture and design of complex distributed systems that may reach beyond the boundaries of a single team or project.
- Strong engineering best practices with experience in building robust, resilient systems.
- Experience working across a range of frontend and backend technologies. React, Typescript, Ruby (Preferable)
- GraphQL Federation
- Experience with Kafka and event driven systems
- Experience using E2E automation frameworks, preferably Cypress
- Experience working on native apps (React Native, iOS Swift)
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.