"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that encourage engagement and belonging, enabling smooth and effective community and content creation, enabling our content creators, and applying a growth framework to activate new communities equipping moderators with the tools they need to succeed. These teams drive several key product metrics for the entire Reddit platform.
This is a high-impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Collaborate with a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- Experienced with GraphQL, REST, HTTP, Thrift basics, and the ability to design and implement maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Experienced with distributed caching layers, and distributed large-scale data storage systems like Cassandra or Redis.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule discussing complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Leveling will depend on the right experience and duration in the space.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].