Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
The Senior WordPress Developer will be responsible for customizing and developing our website platform and its development projects. This position will work directly with our UX/UI design team to build custom and semi-custom websites and products and collaborate with other developers and designers to complete projects as requested. Additionally, this position will work alongside account managers and clients to develop and deliver projects on time.
The Senior WordPress Developer reports to the WordPress Development Team Lead.
- Back-end web development (WordPress, PHP, MySQL) skills to support and complete projects.
- Some light server administration to support website hosting of projects (Windows, Linux, Apache).
- Training and mentoring team members on development projects and skills related to development and processes.
- Some project management, such as timeline management, resource coordination, and communication, may be required for specific custom website development projects.
- Regular project ownership of development projects to ensure a supportive lifecycle.
- Continuous work with UX designer to build custom website solutions on the WordPress platform.
- Proofreading & editing website content as needed or as directed by customers.
- Updating digital media on customers' websites, editing images when necessary.
- Responding to tickets regarding text & image changes for existing customer websites.
- Ensuring that websites and projects are completed and launched within a set timeframe.
- Ongoing troubleshooting and resolution of issues/bugs on websites/projects.
- Collaboration with Customer Success Teams to provide excellent customer service to website and digital marketing customers.
- QA websites/projects for development issues and best practices from other developers/designers prior to launch.
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced environment, and ability to prioritize/meet deadlines within specific time constraints.
- Ability to effectively work on your own, with a team, and with customers.
- Able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Able to document codes and processes clearly.
- Ability to stay up to date on current industry trends and learn new technical skills.
- Computer and software skills for efficient research, documentation, and information management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of digital marketing concepts (e.g., content strategy, email marketing, SEO, PPC, social media).
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience developing web solutions in WordPress.
- Experience with setting up and configuring headless WordPress installs.
- SSH and SQL experience.
- Mastery of WordPress hooks, filters, custom post types, and taxonomies.
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin experience.
- In-depth custom theme development experience.
- Experience with WordPress plugin creation (with API’s and gateway integrations).
- In-depth understanding of APIs and Gateways.
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise builds in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to execute the full software life-cycle development process - from architecture and development to debugging and maintenance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Development bootcamp or other relevant coursework.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in development, communications, business, or similar/relevant field or equal years of relevant industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience working on WordPress sites and custom designs.
- 3+ years of experince devlopeing with front end code (HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP).
- 3+ years of experince devloping with back end code (WordPress, PHP, MySQL).
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.