Senior UI/UX Front-End Developer at STR (San Diego, CA)
STR is seeking an experienced front-end developer to work with our system engineering teams in designing and building beautiful and usable data-centric websites. The successful candidate will be someone who is currently front-end focused and is interested in expanding their knowledge of user experience and back-end development. This role offers an opportunity to work from the very beginning of an idea all the way to deploying a final, production-ready web application.
Work as part of a tightly knit team to design, develop, implement, and demonstrate web-based applications
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital intentions and habits
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using XD, and Photoshop
- Create UI and UX strategies based on our goals
- Work as a member of an Agile/Scrum software team
- Work across numerous programs and divisions within the company
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer
- Understanding of SOLID design principles
- Demonstrated expertise in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes
- Experience deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users (with or without real users available)
- Proficient with Git version control
- Proficient using the command line
- Proficient with at least one of: React, Flask, Django, Node, Vue
- Able to work independently
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience managing subcontractors
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at [email protected] and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.