Senior Test Engineer at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a Senior Test Engineer at Credit Karma you’ll be focused on co-creating life changing financial products for our members, spanning both our web and mobile platforms. You'll be a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; proactively assessing and mitigating risks. You’ll be solving big quality challenges and creating a long term vision of quality for our members, creating the best experience possible. You’re a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is never just about reactive testing.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver the best experiences for our members, using your thought leadership and influence to drive and execute our quality vision
- Guide your team to design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks and build regression test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects
What’s great about the role:
- You'll use your amazing full stack testing experience to help us build better products
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances
- You’ll learn a lot; we value continued learning and development
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your team
- You’ll be in a highly collaborative environment, where Test Engineers work closely with cross-functional counterparts in engineering, product, marketing, data, business analytics, and a host of others
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5+ years hands on experience with full stack testing of Mobile and Web applications
- 3+ years experience automating API, Visual and E2E UI tests (e.g. Selenium, Appium)
- Professional experience across the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with source control and CI/CD tooling (E.g. Git, GitHub, Jenkins/CircleCI)
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools (E.g. Splunk, New Relic)
- Experience in creating detailed test artifacts, test plans and documentation
- Foundations in Usability, Security and Risk based testing strategies
- Comfort with data analytics, and A/B testing methodology
- Excellent communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them better
- Detail oriented and a champion of the member experience
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)