Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Through pragmatic testing practices, Mailchimp’s Quality Assurance team helps build high-quality software by ensuring our products are reliable, delightful to use, and helpful to our customers’ growing businesses. We thrive on curiosity, growth and innovation. And we're looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join the team.
What you'll do here:
- You will analyze testing results requirements and assist with developing the test architecture.
- You will write regression automation scripts & develop new automation test cases.
- You will write API automation scripts and write new test cases.
- You will write UI & Integration automation and should be able to write new test cases, maintain existing automation.
- You will identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- You will perform thorough functional testing for new features.
- You will liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify new feature requirements.
- You will assist with improving parts of the test automation infrastructure.
- You will assist with design and implement an innovative automation framework in the test organization with QA.
- You will design and run automated functional tests for the frontend of our Web and mobile platforms and integrations.
- You will collaborate with QA Engineers and Software Engineering teams to contribute to test architecture and implement testing as a part of continuous integration.
- You will diagnose and report issues and defects based on test failures.
- You will work independently and communicate with the various teams involved with the release process and testing, emphasizing our integration teams.
- You will manage pull requests and participate in code reviews.
- You will coach and mentor junior TE & QA team members.
- You will assist with test metrics and reporting standards, analytics, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have demonstrated proficiency in hands-on, demonstrable experience testing Web or mobile (iOS and Android) applications and a good understanding of automation testing strategies and tools.
- You have proficiency in Appium, Calabash, XCTEST, KIF, Espresso, and/or UI Automator experience.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in Object-Oriented Programming experience.
- You have an understanding of automated testing tools, evaluate and communicate priorities, and experience writing, planning, and executing automated testing suites.
- You have demonstrable, hands-on experience coding mobile tests for iOS and Android applications.
- You have experience working with version control systems (BitBucket, Git, Mercurial).
- You have demonstrated proficiency with the Page Object Model design pattern.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with testing Application Programming Interfaces.
- You have demonstrated proficient knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment systems.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $117,500 to $140,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.