At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Systems Integration and Test Office (SITO) is seeking systems integration and test engineering for supporting DoD and IC customers. SITO offer a diverse range of capabilities that enable and support the effective implementation of technical and programmatic mission assurance activities on satellite, ground equipment and facilities, and integrated systems. SITO staff support all program
phases beginning with pre-contract assistance with concepts of operation, integration planning and system test planning, design and development activities followed by build, integration, verification, and transition to operations events. SITO is the Engineering Technology Group source of expertise in systems integration - including technology insertion, and system engineering aspects applied to developing operationally realistic tests. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and reviewing system functional, performance, and operationally relevant test programs for internal and external customers. Responsible for performing systems integration tasks relating to mission and system threads, interface definition, technology insertion, use of system integration tools and techniques.
This is a casual employment position. Casual employment is normally between 20 -40 hours a week, usually non-continuous, irregular, and infrequent. Casual employment must be less than 1,000 paid hours in any calendar year.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide systems engineering and integration expertise in defining and developing a mission, organizational, physical, functional, signal, hardware/software, and operational interfaces.
- Provide direct integration support to programs in all phases of the acquisition life cycle through Launch and Initialization and Operations.
- Provide test and integration assistance with acquisition support to new programs, and updates to existing programs
- Provide assistance with high-level and detailed test planning, test architecture, test design, test execution, test and data evaluation, anomaly and deficiency, resolution, and residual risk assessment for operationally realistic and system performance testing.
- Provide assistance with the requirements for engineering models, simulations, test beds, and special test equipment for all organizations involved with system testing.
- Provide direct support to programs and corporate entities in the areas of integration reviews, studies related to integration, and failure investigation.
- Establish verifiable requirements for space systems and ensure the appropriate use of test as a verification and validation technique for programs during the requirements definition phase.
- Ensure appropriate verification and validation of both interface and transition requirements are planned and executed.
- Ensure design for testability during the design phase.
- Ensure the systems are designed with human considerations for all processes
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or mathematics.
- Minimum 12 years' experience with multiple aspects of space systems integration, such as enterprise integration, space vehicle -ground systems integration, human systems integration, and new technology insertion into existing systems.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strong interpersonal skills required for interacting with Aerospace peers, internal and external customers, and contractor representatives.
- Must be technically persuasive with strong written and verbal skills.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to clearly define technical tasks, form and lead technical teams.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the US Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
• Advanced degree in engineering, science or mathematics.
• Mission domain knowledge, e.g. electro-optical, ground, nuclear systems, etc.
• Knowledge of both SSC and NRO customers
• A current TS/SCI clearance which is issued by the US Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
• Operations experience
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$56 - $92 - $129
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.