Senior Systems Engineer at Bankers Healthcare Group (Miami, FL)
| Miami, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:29 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 20 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
BHG is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to help install, configure, test, and maintain our operating systems, application software, and system management tools. This individual will bring a wealth of knowledge to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. You will be working in a high energy, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
What You'll Do
- Designing, install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, applications, and platforms across all environments including hosted platforms.
- Over 5 years of strong experience as a LINUX System Administrator and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Linux/CentOS and Windows environments.
- Understanding and maintaining a Hybrid (Cloud / On-Prem) environment including VMWare/Storage Integration, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (e.g. Horizon View, Azure VDS).
- Assist with enterprise implementation and management of Office 365.
- Understanding of networking including light Routing/Switching, Firewall Management, Load Balancing, Fiber Switching, etc.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Design and orchestrate information and operational support systems, provide third level support for escalated issues.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years experience in the IT Support Field.
- 8+ years experience as a Systems Engineer.
- 5+ years of Linux experience.
- Extensive working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Virtual environments including VMware.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure.
- Experience with containerization (e.g. docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience managing teams of engineers or support personnel.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
** All Remote employees at BHG Financial are required to work within the United States of America.
BHG Financial is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. BHG Financial is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
More Information on Bankers Healthcare Group
Bankers Healthcare Group operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Davie, FL, Syracuse, NY and Syracuse, NY. Bankers Healthcare Group was founded in 2001. It has 983 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 69 open jobs at Bankers Healthcare Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description