Senior Systems Engineer at Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare is a global healthcare technology company that provides leading intelligence on the healthcare provider market.
We are on an incredibly exciting trajectory and have more than doubled in size in the past 2 years, with over 600 employees. We have been recently honored by multiple surveys as the Best Place to Work and one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Monocl recently joined the Definitive Healthcare enterprise as well. It empowers life science professionals with the complete global expert solution designed to drive impactful outreach and strategic engagement
This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work with technology teams to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions, and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The Senior Systems will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company network and server infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer provide strategic guidance of corporate objectives.
- Lead, manage, and execute projects across the enterprise infrastructure with accountability for the project outcome through sound project management skills.
- Support Data Center/Server Rooms and Cloud operations: hardware and software system provisioning, configuration, monitoring/alerting, and administration of Linux, Windows, VMware/vSphere, and Cloud computing
- Application support & upgrades (Tableau, Visual Cron, Cerberus, Thycotic)
- Collaborate and communicate with Network Architect for completing networking project portfolio items.
- Troubleshoot complex interactions in storage, servers, networks and databases in collaboration with other systems administrators and technical teams.
- Administer computer and network infrastructure security and the associated data and access controls.
- Support Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and operations of all business systems a plus: propose service levels, data types, recovery point objectives (RPO), and recovery time objectives (RTO) that align with a business impact analysis outcome to meet company objectives.
- Perform patch updates and vulnerability remediation of computer systems and network components.
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Conduct internal reviews of infrastructure components and recommendations for improvements.
- Document all infrastructure, processes, and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to systems development, implementation, and administration.
- Extensive experience as a Linux and/or Windows Administrator
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Experience with centralized authentication technologies such as Active Directory/LDAP
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and Microsoft networking concepts with work experience in designing, deploying, and supporting Local Area and Wide Area Networks
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat), Windows Server, Windows clients, Office 365, and Aruba Networking equipment.
- Available for occasional off-hours outages and to take part in service restoration efforts.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Flexibility in approach to finding solutions.
- Ability to communicate with end users about complex issues in easy-to-understand terminology.
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed to provide the best solutions to our customers.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information