Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a remote Senior Systems Engineer (Linux) to contribute to our Lightning Source (LSI) team. In this role, you will provide engineering support for LSI systems and technology components with an emphasis on software development as it pertains to server automation and in-house developed applications.
Join us and be a part of the team that creates a 24x7 software platform that processes and distributes millions of book assets per day. In this role, you’ll be part of a team creating and extending the industry leading platform for content distribution to partners across the world. Our tech staff work closely with business users to understand their needs and help translate those needs into new functionality for our platform and our customers.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people as possible to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or year for year directly related experience.
- 5 years systems engineering or programming field.
- 2 years proven experience with at least 1 programming or scripting language
We have a preference for:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with Linux engineering
- Experience with automation
- Experience with software development
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with Golang
The Senior Systems Engineer’s key responsibilities are:
- Integrate hardware and software solutions that enhance or enable the use of technology to meet business requirements.
- Design, develop and build solutions that meet specific customer or business requirements.
- Manage the implementation of hardware, software, and network infrastructure working with vendors where appropriate.
- Develop software solutions to meet business needs.
- Communicate with system stake holders on issues and enhancements.
- Perform expert-level server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency gains through the implementation of technical solutions
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Opportunity to continue your education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish