Senior Systems Engineer / Architect - Missile Defense at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Huntsville, AL)
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Agile experience preferred, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer/Architect - Missile Defense who has extremely strong abilities in developing and defining system of system architectures and interface requirements. You'll be a highly valued member of a team defining system requirement for the Nation's Missile Defense System. You will lead architecture development and interface definition activities that drive requirements to defend the Nation against a variety of missile threats. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Significant experience with SysML architecture development tools such as System Architect, Rhapsody, or Magic Draw
- Significant experience with DOORS-based requirements management
What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills with the capacity to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Experience with requirements and architecture development for complex systems, especially those related to missile defense.
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Aptitude to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Effectively leads teams to the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Ability to interact with project teams, managers and end users
NOTE: This position is 'on site' in Huntsville, AL.
This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
Combined Salary Range
USD $135,900.00 - USD $150,900.00 /Yr.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran