Senior System Architect - AWS / Cloud at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The position is within our Customer Experience-System Architecture team and responsible for defining architecture and design for enterprise systems in public cloud environments. The role involves definition, design, implementation, adoption of the system architecture and ensuring that all technologies work effectively together and deliver an end-to-end ecosystem. The position requires a background in Micro-services, SOA, secure application development and Cloud technologies.
What you will be doing
Define and own "System Architecture" (applications and data technologies) utilizing on premise infrastructure, cloud environment, enterprise standards, best practices and reference architecture.
- Define Logical, Technical and Physical views of systems.
- Collaborate within, and across teams to create the ""right"" solution Leverage APIs to automate common and repeatable delivery tasks.
- Ensure transparency of requirements and address these requirements during architecture definition. Make sure these are realized during product engineering development and deployment.
- Define reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards and tools to be used across systems.
- Mentor and guide Technical teams.
- Review application designs to make sure it's aligned with the system architecture.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Consult internal product engineering owners, product teams, enterprise architecture and customers (internal as well as external) on technology choices and feasibility evaluation
- Help program and project management in identifying key technical risks and mitigation plans, effort estimation and planning.
- In-depth understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts: data centers, security, networking, storage, compute, and software applications.
- Facilitate and help the team understand and define "how" the business capability required can be accomplished.
- Creating, analyzing and validating details on back-end/source system capabilities. (e. g: identify data sources and/or provide mapping/spec definition etc.,).
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Defining and realizing end-to-end "System Architecture" for large & complex systems.
- Proficient in cloud native design principles including 12-Factor app design principles and Domain Driven Design
- Proficient in private and public cloud native application design and engineering,
- Focus areas include:
- AWS platform and architecture
- Deployment tools
- Cloud operations
- Integration and extensibility architecture
- Execution of large integration projects
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Reporting engine and analytics
- Cost optimization
- New technology evaluation and POCs
- Container technology stack like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Kafka platform
- Experience in defining and realizing Service Oriented Architectures, payments system experience
- Experience in designing applications and systems.
- Experience with cloud-based services like caching, databases, search, etc.
- Experience in using Micro-services, PaaS and Container platforms.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Proficient in creating documentation (architecture blueprints, design specifications).
- Experience in at least one RDBMS or NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience in Identity Federation and Software defined infrastructure
- Up-to-date with technology trends and possess ability to correlate them with business and customer need with a proven track record of effective verbal and written communications.
- Responsible for API Security, API Key Validation, Authentication, Authorization and Identity, Traffic Management, Token Management.
- Responsible for API Mediation including message transformation, parsing, and validation, as well as raise faults and alerts.
- Builds Functional and Behavioral tests for APIs Experience in API Administration and user/developer management.
- Strong knowledge of API Security using SAML, OAuth 2.0, JWT, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of networking protocols HTTP, TCP/IP, SOAP, REST.
- Solid understanding of TLS, certificates, keystore and trust-store.
- Strong grasp of Swagger, WSDL and similar tools for defining APIs
- Proven success in collaborating and driving decisions with multiple stakeholders, including team members across product, technology and design as well as business development
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.