Senior Support & Software Engineer, NY Metro Area (AMERICAS) at Canonical (Phoenix, AZ)
Combine your Linux support and software engineering skills, passion for technology, and your general knowledge of the full stack, from hardware to application, networking, Linux and open source, to help customers get the most from their solution from Canonical. Our team provides exceptional technical support and engineering solutions to help customers with everything open source from Ubuntu Server and Desktop to OpenStack and Kubernetes.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an open source technologist who enjoys solving problems under pressure.
The main functions of this position are to:
- Apply your knowledge of Linux virtualisation using libvirt/KVM, containers and Kubernetes along with your knowledge of TCP/IP networking to support customised solutions for our customers.
- Be the technical authority and demonstrate your experience with popular open source software such as PostgreSQL, Corosync/Pacemaker, MongoDB, MySQL and Apache.
- Provide advice on deployed architecture, implementing solutions for complex problems and guiding customers to successful data-center infrastructure operations
- Communicate regularly with the customer team about ongoing issues
If you have a passion for the latest open source technologies, technical support, cloud-native development, data-center technologies such as Openstack, Kubernetes and networking, you will love the Senior Support & Software Engineer role at Canonical.
The successful Senior Support & Software Engineer will have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Open source development or scripting experience
- Professional experience with either OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph and/or Ubuntu
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience in customer-facing positions
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Experience with or willingness to learn new technologies, including LXD, Snaps, MAAS, Juju and Ubuntu
- Ability to travel globally; up to 10% of travel (subject to relevant travel restrictions)
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.