Senior Staff Systems Engineer at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Employer Provided Salary: $161,200-$241,800 Annually
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 10, 2023
Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Multimedia SystemsGeneral Summary:Qualcomm's Visual Technology Team is seeking an XR Systems Engineer to lead the design of systems and software solutions for rapidly growing Snapdragon Augmented and Virtual Reality platforms. This is a hands-on system design and development role. A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and understanding XR hardware and software systems operating in resource and power constrained mobile environments
- Coordinating and contributing to the development of use cases, requirements, and system specifications with market, technology, and industry experts.
- Leading development of proof-of-concept heterogeneous software and hardware solutions for current and future chipsets in collaboration with internal teams and external partners.
- Designing models and benchmarking KPIs for XR features including power, instruction counts, timing, caching, memory usage, achievable compression, CV performance, ML model complexity, and required bandwidths
- Performing system tracing to identify XR specific constraints and verifying the potential of innovative new solutions
- Optimizing software and system designs
- Writing high level system design documents and feature descriptions
- Delivering solutions into commercial products
- 9+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience
- 4+ years professional experience in multimedia technology areas such as augmented/virtual reality, sensing, imaging, displays, computer graphics, computer vision, cameras, biometrics, speech, and audio
- Advanced virtual and augmented reality design concepts including low-latency architectures, split-processing architectures, reprojection/warping, head/eye/body tracking, environmental reconstruction, video see-through mixed reality, and spatial codecs
- Excellent communication skills with cross-functional teams designing complex products
- System design and performance analysis for multi-generation commercial products
- Experience quantitatively assessing hardware implementation requirements of algorithms and algorithm adaptation.
- Power/performance use case specification, modeling, and optimization
- CPU sub-system architecture, coprocessor interfaces, HW/SW partitioning, smart DMAs, HW compression
- C/C++ and Python
More Information on Qualcomm
Qualcomm operates in the Mobile industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Qualcomm was founded in 1985. It has 40619 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Qualcomm, click here.
Read Full Job Description