Senior Staff Systems Engineer, Network at Galileo Financial Technologies (Remote)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
- As the Senior Staff Systems Engineer you will serve alongside the Networks and Infrastructure teams to solve complex networking problems in order to scale our architecture for the next 10, 100, or 10,000X scale. You’ll have the opportunity to be the standards bearer for best practices, mentor and grow enthusiastic engineers in order to make your footprint bigger than your foot, and drive key projects and initiatives to completion.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the organization in implementation of an AWS Networking Substrate built with rapid scaling and repeatability in mind
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to enable security, resilience and compliance outcomes in the hybrid cloud AWS platform through excellent technical design
- Own the success of network implementations with key stakeholders and network partners such as cardholder associations and circuit providers.
- Implement infrastructure as code core tenants to enable wide scale collaboration across the organization.
- Design, configure, and test automated network administration.
- Partner with engineering and customers to design and Implement new solutions while improving the resilience of the modern surroundings.
- Partner with security to ensure that our network design and implementation
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network problems.
- Communicate tradeoffs in implementation options to team members and leadership
- Ensure the network performance provides the level of service required for a high-speed low latency payment processor while adhering to PCI best practices and requirements
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking design and implementation in hybrid cloud environments
- Experience in development of backend software development languages such as Python, Go, Java for the purposes of network management.
- Demonstrated ability to design for fault tolerance and security while optimizing for high throughput, latency sensitive traffic.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Demonstrated Experience designing and implementing AWS Network Architecture
- Advanced troubleshooting & configuration experience with routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), switching (vPC, Etherchannel), firewalls, VPN technology, NAT
- Demonstrated experience in configuration management and network automation and orchestration using automation frameworks such as Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef and/or Terraform.
Nice to have:
- Experience in SDWAN, Loadbalancers
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning Retirement plans and planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)