Senior Staff SW Engineer - Networking at Zscaler
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World. The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will work on building the next generation Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) product and Shift product in the Emerging Technology group. You will play a crucial role in designing, building and enhancing distributed systems components, write high performance code using very efficient algorithms and ensure that memory is used efficiently so that system responsiveness is maintained during high load times. You must also be able to process packets at both ingress and egress points at very high speed so that client using the system does not perceive any increased latencies. Additionally, you will collaborate with the operations team (OPS) to deploy, monitor and if required patch the changes with fixes and enhancements as well as continuously scale the systems as more customers/users get added, the engineer should be able to identify hotspots, and timely alleviate/remediate the situation.Job Description
You will work cross-functionally with the Quality Assurance team to test the work product, and influence the testing to make the product ready for deployment. Demonstrate the ability to build software in small, interactive chunks and perform the unit testing prior to handing over to the quality assurance team. This greatly reduces the products time to market. Our systems are deployed on multiple cloud platforms at various points of presence in the internet. These systems intercept and perform security processing on behalf of customers traffic exiting and entering these points of presence.Qualifications
- 12+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications with distributed systems background.
- Strong C programming, Data structures/Algorithms & debugging skills in cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and OS like Linux/Unix.
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts including performance parameters of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience in Network Data Path & Socket programming & POSIX Multi-thread programming.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills.
- Previous experience in security or access management a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player with right attitude.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.